10 Ways Sales Can Deliver a Great Buying Experience: The Presentation
In many markets, the sales organization has a huge impact on the what the buyer experiences. Despite this, the vast majority of sales teams spend no time thinking about how to design and deliver a great buying experience. It’s unfortunate because companies that deliver a great experience to the buyer grow 2X as fast as their peers. Turning sales into a function that thinks about designing and delivering an experience isn’t that hard. In a recent presentation, we examined ten ways that sales could deliver a great buying experience.
In summary, sales should do ten things to make sure its delivering great BX:
- Understand the importance of the buying experience and what it is
- Truly understand the buyer by asking the right BX questions
- Map the buying experience from the buyer’s and sales’ perspective
- Collect insights and data about the buying experience
- Design the complete buying experience across marketing and sales
- Design specific sales plays that are truly buyer-responsive
- Implement buyer-responsive plays in the sales organization
- Train the sales team on the buyer, BX, and buyer-responsive plays
- Measure the buyer’s satisfaction with the experience sales delivers
- Continuously optimize the buying experience
About the author: Scott Albro is the CEO and founder of TOPO. TOPO is a research, advisory, and consulting firm that believes in a really simple, but powerful idea – that the most important thing in business is to deliver a great buying experience. By connecting everything we do back to this core idea, we help sales and marketing organizations exceed their revenue targets. Connect with Scott on Twitter.