Demand Gen Council #10 – A Recap
Over 25 demand generation leaders from the Bay Area’s fastest growing companies gathered last Friday for TOPO’s tenth Demand Gen Council. These Councils offer a unique forum for marketing leaders from high growth companies to learn from each other and share best practices. Each Council features three speakers who share the processes, plays, organizational elements, and technologies they use to drive key revenue metrics.
As usual, we started Council with a lightning round of introductions and asked attendees to share a “hot button” issue. Some hot-button issues that were raised include:
- Educating the executive team on the value of Account-Based Everything
- Adjusting personas as the product scales
- Creating Ideal Customer Profiles
- Aligning field marketing efforts with SDR programs
Highlights From Our Speakers
TOPO’s Chief Analyst Craig Rosenberg led our first session focused on marketing and SDR coordination for the quickest path to success. Highlights from his session included:
- How the lack of communication between functions has led to high growth of ABM and Account-Based Everything.
- Managing the shift from traditional attribution models to Account-Based Marketing metrics.
- How to refocus your organization around new success metrics (is the MQL dead?).
Our second speaker was Rhonda Shantz, CMO at Centrify, who focused on Centrify’s path to implementing ABM in her organization. Some topics discussed during her session included:
- Killing activities that aren’t tied directly to high impact and return.
- How Centrify focuses on building out a “Solid 7” contact base in accounts before planning outreach into account.
- Changing your execution mindset from perfection to iteration.
Our third speaker was Nick Ezzo, VP of Demand Gen at Host Analytics, who focused on how he uses his tech stack to implement ABM at Host Analytics. Discussion points included:
- Understanding how to communicate metrics internally to support your impact and agenda.
- When to use the swag reciprocity principle to spark a conversation with a prospect.
- How to decide on the number of data sources or tools you use to feed your account list and your overall marketing tech stack.
Thank you to our speakers, and to our sponsors Inside Sales Team and Consensus.
Interested in learning more about TOPO or other TOPO events? Contact us at email@example.com.