Create and manage a successful demand generation strategy with the TOPO framework
Every marketing organization includes a demand generation strategy to raise awareness and bring more leads into the funnel. Adhering to best practices and measuring deep into the sales process helps to identify areas of improvement, eliminate stalled pipeline, and show the impact of marketing to the business.
The TOPO Demand Generation Framework is a standard methodology practiced by the world’s fastest-growing companies and supported by research into demand generation practices. This is a series of repeatable activities, which sorts program elements into 10 categories, that can be used to build or iteratively improve a demand generation organization.
- Market: Harnessing buyer and market insights and identifying the key stakeholders for buying decisions enables the team to define the target market to focus on.
- Go-To-Market: The strategic plan organizes and mobilizes the marketing organization by aligning it to the target market.
- Organization: To succeed with a demand generation strategy, an organization must be designed to deliver integrated experiences across all functional groups of a skilled go-to-market team.
- Process Design: The marketing organization runs efficiently thanks to strategies and systems including lead scoring and qualification, SLAs and attainment tracking, and implementation tracking.
- Technology: An optimized technology stack enables efficient and scalable demand generation execution.
- Program Design: Well-designed, integrated programs are foundational elements of high impact demand generation execution.
- Messaging and Content: Messaging, along with content and tool offers, supports demand generation programs by providing content and tools addressing relevant use cases and pain points throughout the entire marketing and sales funnel.
- Campaigns: Programs are delivered through carefully planned campaigns that acquire new prospects, drive engagement, nurture prospects, and expand customer relationships.
- Channels: Programs are executed across multiple channels to maximize impact in the target market.
- Measurement: Accurate assessments of demand generation performance support the revenue model, account activity, and pipeline analysis.
Organizations seeking to create and manage a successful demand generation strategy should adopt the TOPO Demand Generation Framework below.