Flexible Go-To-Market Portfolio, Not a Buzzword But a Necessity for 2021
The introduction of the TOPO Double Funnel in 2019 showed marketers that it is critical to measure multiple go-to-market (GTM) strategies side-by-side. The TOPO Go-to-Market Framework demonstrates that organizations not only need to find the balance between volume/velocity and account based strategies, but that the two can actually overlap and share tactical approaches.
Learn how CMOs will support their GTMs in 2021 with the adoption of extreme value across the entire customer lifecycle and a completely digital marketing arsenal.
Just a few insights and observations on how organizations are thinking about strategic planning for 2021:
- 90% of <$1B companies will delay long-term strategic initiatives and focus on tactical projects through 2021 (Source: Gartner)
- “With the Fortune 200, we have gone from five-year strategic vision projects to 90-120 day triage.”
- B2B buyers face multiple layers of uncertainty when considering a major purchase, which leads to delayed or smaller deals.
- B2B buyers with moderate to high environmental uncertainty are 42% less likely to complete a high-quality deal (high-end, premium offering). (Source: Gartner)
Creating a flexible go-to-market portfolio through a combination of strategies that influence, engage, and convert our target audiences
FIVE ATTRIBUTES OF A FLEXIBLE GO-TO-MARKET PORTFOLIO
|ATTRIBUTE||2016: DEMAND/CONTENT||2019: ACCOUNT BASED||2021: FLEXIBLE PORTFOLIO|
|Persona based journeys and|
|Targeted, high value accounts||Tailored experience and best|
suited tactics to create the most
value for the business today
|Data-Driven||Marketing automation and|
|Manual or pre-defined segments based|
on market insights
|Structured real-time data enables|
scalable segmentation and
targeted digital tactics
|Segmented content and in-person events||Single touchpoint focused on physical|
or digital workshops and assessments
|Delivery of value through every|
interaction leading to high value
offers in any account
|Orchestrated||Siloed hand-offs and|
|Tightly planned joint marketing and|
sales development outbound programs
|Orchestrated end-to-end process|
enables marketing, inbound, and
outbound programs across all goto-market models
|Measured||Increase leads and MQLs||Account-centric measurement||TOPO Double Funnel measuring|
account and lead progression
throughout the funnel
Key Takeaways To Build a Flexible Go-To-Market Portfolio:
- Eliminate silos between GTMs and specify how and when contacts, accounts, and insights flow between other GTMs.
- Embrace an audience focus. The buyer and their mission-critical priorities determine the tactics,
messaging, and offers to be used – not the product.
- Orchestrate everything. Fluid transitions between GTMs and teams deliver the speed and flexibility
required to win.
- Measure consistently and specifically. Aligning all GTMs side-by-side identifies points of
unification and the most meaningful insight for every slice of data.
To watch and download the slides from this session, register here for our TOPO Virtual Summit from October.